You can get away with having cake for breakfast over the next couple of days. Well, kinda.
Starbucks is offering up a birthday cake-flavored Frap to celebrate the drink’s 20th birthday.
The drink is available for five days, beginning March 26th.
The cold beverage was born of a desire to quench thirst in Los Angeles in the hot summer of 1995, said Dina Campion of the company’s digital team. The Frappuccino was
copied inspired by similar blended drink creations from smaller coffee shops, Campion said.
The drink includes vanilla bean and hazelnut and is topped with raspberry-infused whipped cream.
- Top 5 flavors in the United States: Caramel, Mocha, Vanilla Bean, Java Chip, Double Chocolatey Chip
- U.S. social media stats: 10.9 million fans on Facebook, 67,000 followers on Twitter, 219,000 followers on Instagram.
- Starbucks store #8944 in Moreno Valley, California sells more Frappuccino blended beverages than any other store in the United States and Canada.
- Saturday is the busiest day of the week for Frappuccino blended beverage sales.
- The record for the most Frappuccino blended beverages sold on a single day in the United States and Canada occurred on May 10, 2014.
- Japan was the first country outside of the United States and Canada to offer the handcrafted beverage in 1996.
[adsanity id=11525 align=alignnone /]