Valentine’s Day is here…*opens tab, orders flower delivery, cringes at delivery fees, curses at screen*…and now you’re getting down to crunch time to get your plans together for the big day on February 14. Here are options for dinner, events, gifts, deals and more for those celebrating Valentine’s Day in Palm Springs and the Coachella Valley.
Flowers & Gifts
So there’s really no excuse not to know it’s Valentine’s Day – what with the explosion of the floral section at every grocery store in town beginning around February 12. There will also be a ton of pop-up tents along the side of many a Coachella Valley road with bouquets, balloons, and stuffed animals.
Of course, you can always go the delivery route. If you are, here are a few deals we found around the interwebs:
- 1-800-Flowers: Get 20% off select items with code VDAY here.
- ProFlowers: Groupon has a 50% off deal here.
- Amazon: They have marked down special Valentine’s Day plants and succulents.
- Cost Plus World Market: Offering a big selection of inexpensive food and gift items – and who wouldn’t be impressed by heart-shaped ice cubes?
- Target: You can find a bunch of Valentine’s Day gifts and decor under $20.
Dining Out in the Coachella Valley on Valentine’s Day
If you’re planning on dining out, make those reservations now as places are most likely to be packed around the Coachella Valley. Here are a few of the specials going on.
- Trio in Palm Springs will offer a $59 prix fixe menu with your choice of pan-seared Chilean Sea Bass, Filet Mignon Oscar, and roasted Prime Rib.
- Ruth’s Chris in Palm Desert has a special surf and turf combo through February 17. The meal includes two buttery cold-water lobster tails and a sizzling filet or ribeye starting at $49.95.
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse in Palm Desert will have a three-course $65 prix fixe menu with your choice of a16-ounce ribeye steak, simply broiled salmon, or a New York strip Manhattan cut. The menu will run from Valentine’s Day through February 17.
- Lulu’s in Palm Springs has a four-course special for $49.99 per person. Entree options include seafood linguini, grilled filet, fresh Atlantic Salmon, and lobster ravioli.
- Roy’s in Rancho Mirage is doing a four-course menu featuring their signature Surf & Turf & Surf entrée that pairs butter-roasted Maine lobster tail, premium filet mignon and fresh jumbo lump crab cake for $89 from Feb. 14 – 17.
- Neil’s Lounge has a special BBQ dinner for two under $40 – plus nothing screams romance more than karaoke at Neil’s.
- Eureka! in Indian Wells has a special Valentine’s Day cocktail they are serving up from February 7 through Sunday, February 17. The drink is made with Spring44 vodka, Copper & Kings Immature Brandy, passion fruit syrup, pineapple juice, St. George Raspberry Liqueur, egg whites, lemon juice, Peychaud’s, and rose water.
- CPK in Palm Desert has special heart-shaped crusts available for no additional charge from February 13 – 17. No seriously.
All you need is love…and pizza😍🍕 Bring your special someone to CPK for our Sweet Deal for Two – just $35!* https://t.co/9To7QX2Wif
*Dine in only. Available 2/13 – 2/17 at select locations. pic.twitter.com/bw09PvuHqw
— CPK (@calpizzakitchen) February 4, 2019
Events / Things to Do
Looking for something more than just dinner and a movie, you have a few options:
- Art Laboe Valentine’s Super Love Jam: Zapp, Midnight Star, The Jets, GQ, and The Delfonics perform in Rancho Mirage at Agua Caliente Casino. Long-time radio show host Art Laboe is your host for the night. Tickets start at $40. More info is here.
- Graffiti Date Night at the Westfield Mall in Palm Desert will give you and your sweetheart a chance to create a Valentine’s Day inspired graffiti painting you can take home. There will also be beer and wine, a DJ, and you can help create a giant community mural. Tickets are $25. More info is here.
- Desert X: Spend the day checking out all the art installations scattered throughout the Coachella Valley (and try to end things with a rad, romantic sunset at Ghost Tree). Desert X is free and here’s a map for you.
- Go somewhere to make out. You have plenty of options in the Coachella Valley.
Some places are offering unique deals on and freebies on Valentine’s Day:
- Auntie Anne’s has a BOGO deal on a heart-shaped pretzel on Valentine’s Day.
- Jack in the Box will give customers a free five-piece churro, slice of cheesecake, or milkshake to anyone who places an order using its app on February 14.
We will update this post as needed.