Very few things are certain in life, but it’s pretty safe the bet that every year, when Yelp releases it’s list of the “Top 100 Places to Eat in the US,” TKB Bakery and Deli in Indio will be on it.
The Coachella Valley sandwich joint came it at #37 for the annual rankings – which are dominated by California eateries (11 of the top 37 are from the Golden State). TKB previously was ranked number 1 in 2018, #5 in 2017 and in 2016, and #4 in 2015. They also made our list of the essential things to eat in Greater Palm Springs which is, just a guess here, probably the best honor.
Yelp used its data, which includes a whopping 25 million new reviews in 2018, to assemble the rankings.
Other notable Southern California restaurants in the Top 50 include:
- Gyromania, Santa Clarita (#4)
- Broken Mouth, Los Angeles (5)
- Local, Big Bear Lake (15)
- Crafted Greens, El Cajon (17)
- Chuy’s Taco Shop, San Diego (29)
- Miss Shabu Restaurant & Sake Bar, Buena Park (30)
- Angel City Grill, Redondo Beach (36)
- Bunz, Huntington Beach (38)
- Strada Eateria & Coffee, Los Angeles (49)
You can check out the full list here.