Welcome to Things to do in Palm Springs This Weekend – which provides information and links to concerts, events, festivals, and more happening in and around the Coachella Valley. Seeing as how there are 52 weekends a year, we update this page every week (usually Tuesday, sometimes Wednesday), so check back every week (make it easy by adding a bookmark!) to see what’s going on in Palm Springs, Indio, Palm Desert, Coachella, Cathedral City, Rancho Mirage, and everywhere in between.
Things to do in Palm Springs This Weekend (10/18/19 – 10/20/19:
Modernism Week Preview – All Weekend
The Fall Preview of the February fest runs Thursday through Friday and includes the Palm Springs Modernism Show & Sale, cocktail parties, and those famous architectural Double Decker bus tours.
Tacos, Tequila, & Chavelas | Saturday
They had us a tacos. Throw in tequila and chavelas and, well, you have quite a Saturday afternoon. The event features a live DJ, mechanical bull rides, roping and corn hole games, food booths and aguas frescas! Attendees can sample all participating restaurants tacos for only $20, or combine taco tasting with a signature handcrafted “Coachavela” for $25!
REO Speedwagon | Friday
The rockers will perform hits like “Keep On Loving You” and “Take It On the Run” at The Show at Agua Caliente Casino in Rancho Mirage. Tickets start at $65 for the 8 pm show.
Olive Festival | Friday – Sunday
A whole festival for olives? Sure, why not. Highland Springs Ranch & Inn in Cherry Valley sports about 750 olive trees on its property and turns those olives into artisan olive oils and other culinary delights. There will also be local wines, cheeses, be tastings, venders, workshops, and more. It will cost you $7 to get in and, if you can’t make it this weekend, will also run next weekend.
Los Tucanes De Tijuana
After making a hugely successful appearance at Coachella and Chella earlier this year, one of the most popular norteño bands in the world returns to the desert to perform Saturday night at Spotlight 29 Casino. Tickets start at $35.
Other things to check out this weekend:
- Margaret Cho performs at the Palm Springs Cultural Center on Saturday night. Get more info here.
- La Quinta Brewing has live music and food on Friday night at their Palm Desert location. Get more info here.
- The Concert for Autism will take place at Tack Room Tavern on Saturday. Get more info here.
- Apple picking season is underway in Oak Glen. We have a guide for you here.
- Oktoberfest events are popping up everywhere. We have a full roundup of all of this fall’s Oktoberfest events here.
- Halloween events are beginning. You can check out our guide to desert Halloween happenings here.