The Indio Walmart Supercenter, best known for hosting the 2018 Walmartchella Festival, is hot af these days, so, I guess, plan on dressing light if you need to buy something.
Fans have been placed throughout the store, but it’s not enough for customers and has to be awful for employees.
“It was hot and stuffy,” customer Magnolia Toscano told KMIR. “Walking through that I’m like, I can’t work here.”
A Walmart rep told the TV station that the A/C was damaged during a fire that broke out on the roof on May 29, which left the store with $1 million in damages.
#BREAKING – A 2-alarm fire has been reported at the Walmart in Indio. Evacuations are in progress. Watch KESQ at noon for the latest on this developing story.
— KESQ News Channel 3 (@KESQ) May 29, 2018
The company said they are bringing in additional electricians to speed up repairs.