The downtown Palm Springs development, which may not even be here if not for those alleged bribes, has announced via a press release that everything should be open by November. They also released some photos and…*yawn*…it looks….*yawn*…cold, boring, and *snore*.
Grit Development, which is what Wessman Development is hilariously calling itself now, also announced the tenants slated to be in the project. Here they are, so see if you can make it through them without dying of boredom:
- Kimpton Rowan Hotel, a hotel that will have a rooftop bar and pool so guests can be at eye level with those who have hiked to the top of mountains behind it.
- H&M, a chain of clothing stores
- Free People, a chain of clothing stores
- francesca’s, a chain of clothing stores
- Kiehl’s, a chain of skin care products
- Tommy Bahama Restaurant and Bar, a chain that sells food and flowy shirts that old guys seem to love
- Starbuck’s Reserve, $10 coffee anyone?
- Stout Burgers & Beers, a chain of restaurants that serve, you guessed it, burgers and beer.
- Il corso, restaurant with a current location open on El Paseo in Palm Desert
So yeah, it’s basically chain stores all the things! How exciting that will be for tourists who can already visit any of these places in their own neighborhoods!
The building looks more like a hospital than a hotel and why in the world downtown Palm Springs would try to become El Paseo Part 2 is perplexing. Especially when you consider that the rest of the city has strived to become unique, hip, and, dare I say, cool and fun over the past few years.