Sunnylands is inviting the public to enjoy free, live music every Sunday in March with the return of its popular Music in the Gardens concert series.
The Rancho Mirage estate will host a different musical act on the Great Lawn from 11 am to 1 pm on each Sunday of the month. Guests are welcome to stroll the gardens as the music plays or bring lawn chairs, blankets, and food and drink to picnic while listening to the bands. Do note: large coolers, ice chests, grills, and alcohol are not permitted. Smoking and pets are not allowed.
Admission is free and carpooling is strongly encouraged as the Sunnylands parking lot often is filled to capacity during this popular event.
Here’s the 2020 Music in the Garden at Sunnylands lineup:
- March 1 – Those Folk. With influences from 1960s folk music, this husband and wife duo blends soul, jazz, and bluegrass.
- March 8 – Nathan James and the Rhythm Scratchers. This three-piece band brings a unique fusion of classic blues and rhythm and blues.
- March 15 – Greg Jones & Friends. This act pays homage to a musical legend with the show, “A Tribute to Genius: The Music of Ray Charles.”
- March 22 – Jazzgrass. This group offers a progressive breakdown of contemporary bluegrass music.
- March 29 – Barry Baughn Blues Band. This local blues band delivers catchy originals and smooth classics.
You can get more info here.