The Tour de Palm Springs – which, sadly, is not an actual bike race – takes place on Saturday in Palm Springs. The annual charity joyride will be shutting down several roads in Palm Springs at various times during the day. Here’s what streets to avoid (unless you are one of the 7,000 cyclists expected at the event), according to Palm Springs Police:
- The #2 northbound lane of North Indian Canyon Drive between Alejo Road and Vista Chino will be closed from 5 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- The #2 westbound lane of Dinah Shore Drive from the west end of the bridge (city limits) to Crossley Road will be closed from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The #1 westbound lane of Tahquitz Canyon Way between Avenida Cablleros and Indian Canyon Drive will be closed from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Avenida Caballeros will be closed between Tahquitz Canyon Way and Baristo Road from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Eastbound Tahquitz Canyon Way between Calle El Segundo and Avenida Caballeros will be closed from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tahquitz Canyon Way between Indian Canyon Drive and Belardo Road will be closed from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.