A total of 1,255 potted marijuana plants were seized on Tuesday, along with processed marijuana and firearms, during two raids in the unincorporated area of Poppet Flats (off Hwy 243 between Banning and Idyllwild), the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department announced.
Two marijuana cultivation warrants were served, resulting in the seizure of the plants, 1,506 pounds of harvested and processed marijuana, 3 firearms (one of which was reported stolen), and several thousand dollars, according to a news release.
The total estimated street value of the marijuana seized was approximately $1 million dollars.
Nine suspects were arrested on charges ranging from cultivation of marijuana, possession for sales of marijuana, possession of a stolen firearm, and probation violations. They were listed as:
- Flor Ambriz, 25-years-old
- Laura Bracamontes, 39-years-old
- Juan Campos, 32-years-old
- Adalberto Cardenas, 28-years-old
- Xiomara Escobar, 21-years-old
- John Gaunt, 60-years-old
- Jacinto Lopez, 38-years-old
- Rosalia Menchaca, 53-years-old
- Eloysa Rocha, 44-years-old