The BNP Paribas Open has announced the addition of world-renowned restaurant group Momofuku will bring their famous fried-chicken eatery Fuku to the Indian Wells Tennis Garden during the 2020 tournament.
Momofuku was founded by chef David Chang in 2004 with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar in New York City, and has since added restaurants in Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Washington DC, plus Australia and Canada. The restaurant group has gained worldwide recognition for their innovative take on Asian-American cuisine, while supporting sustainable and responsible farmers and food purveyors.
Fuku will feature its world-famous fried chicken sandwich at the tournament, as well as a variety of fried chicken offerings, sides, slushies, and more. The restaurant will be located at a permanent concession location on the exterior of Stadium 2.
Other dining and beverage options for the tournament were also announced today, including:
- Fresh Agave Mexican Bar and Grill will set up as a full-service restaurant overlooking the court on Stadium 2. The menu will feature a variety of authentic Mexican dishes and a curated selection of high-quality cocktails, tequilas and their famous margaritas found at their Palm Desert location. In addition to the restaurant, a new waiting area and cocktail lounge – Agave – will be located on the southeast side of Stadium 2.
- Sipsmith London Dry Gin – the new Official Gin Partner of the BNP Paribas Open – will be serving up refreshing beverages all tournament long at the Sipsmith London Bar located in the Retail Village, including their signature “Smith Your Tonic.” This classic gin and tonic is made with Sipsmith London Dry Gin and a choice of tonic water and garnish, served in a souvenir cup.
- The Garden Bistro, an upscale, indoor full-service restaurant that includes a variety of delectable menu items such as charcuterie platters, classic shrimp cocktail, prime rib dip sandwich, pacific oysters and more, as well as a full bar serving beer, wine, Moët & Chandon and specialty cocktails. The Garden Bistro will be located on the northwest side of Stadium 2, replacing The Sports Bar.
- Kim Crawford – the Official Wine Partner of the BNP Paribas Open – will have an expanded footprint at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden in 2020, with an all-new wine bar concept located adjacent to The Garden Bistro. The Kim Crawford Clubhouse will serve up classic wines such as Sauvignon Blanc, Rosé and Pinot Noir, as well as their popular signature frozen Kim Crawford Ace Frosé cocktail.
- Mostly Roasted – a new coffee concession – will be added to the offerings in the Food Village. Mostly Roasted will offer hot and cold brewed coffee, espresso beverages, fresh Tazo iced teas and more.
The 2020 BNP Paribas Open, which I should remind you will also feature tennis, will be held March 9-22 at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden.
You can get more info here.