How about those winds overnight? I don’t know about you, but I was awakened by what sounded like someone banging on my walls – but, nope, just some crazy freakin’ wind that left my yard and street littered with palm fronds once again. Here is just how windy it got across the Coachella Valley, according to the National Weather Service.
Top wind speeds as of 7 am Monday.
- Whitewater: 74 mph at 5:50 am
- Sky Valley: 61 mph at 3:33 am
- Thousand Palms: 58 mph at 5:50 am
- Thermal Airport: 47 mph at 5:51 am
- Cathedral Canyon: 46 mph at 5:52 am
- Palm Springs Airport: 41 mph at 6:11 am
- Palm Desert: 36 mph at 6:01 am
Things were even windier elsewhere, with gusts reported at 97 mph at Burns Canyon and 93 mph at Mount Laguna.
Things should start to tail off a bit as the day goes on on Monday, with a pretty nice week in store, according to the weather forecast.