Things are drying out (and cold temps!) in Palm Springs and the Coachella Valley on Wednesday after a series of storms brought plenty of rain – well, for the desert, anyway.
Here are the five-day precipitation totals (Saturday through 4 am Wednesday) at the local measuring stations from the National Weather Service:
- Whitewater Trout Farm: 2.88 inches
- Windy Point: 1.34
- Desert Hot Springs: 1.30
- Lower Tahquitz Creek: 1.02
- Thousand Palms: 0.47
- Cathedral Canyon: 0.42
- Palm Springs Airport: 0.41
- Palm Desert: 0.36
- Indio Hills: 0.27
- Thermal Airport: 0.13
- Indio: 0.12
- Mecca: 0.04
You may have also noticed there is plenty of snow in them thar hills. Here are the totals on that and, please, take me snowboarding with you!
- Mountain High Ski Resort: 24 – 36 inches
- Snow Valley: 24 – 30
- Big Bear Mountain / Snow Summit: 12 – 20 inches
- Lake Arrowhead: 19 inches
You must log in to post a comment.