Coachella Weekend 1 is in the books and, like clockwork, the local TV station is always there afterward to post the arrest scoreboard.
[adsanity id=13143 align=alignright /]Here are the numbers via KESQ:
- 13 arrests were made for drunk in public
- 56 arrests were related to illegal narcotics
- 49 of those arrest were for misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance
- 7 of those arrests were felony arrests for possession of a controlled substance for sales
- 20 arrests were made for alcohol violations
- 2 domestic violence arrests were made
- 1 resisting/obstructing an officer arrest was made
A total of 93 people were arrested which, assuming attendance of 90,000, is a whopping .1% of festival goers. The Snow Birds are right, the festival should end immediately.