It officially becomes fall at 6:54 PT on Saturday and not a moment too soon.
Normally, around now there is a day where or there where the temperature drops to a moderately comfortable level, giving you a break from the non-stop summer heat, but not this year – and why? Because the summer of 2018 has been the worst. That’s why.
And the heat isn’t the only reason summer needs to go. Here are just some of other crappy things that we have had to deal with this summer:
- Road construction on literally every Coachella Valley road at the exact same time.
- The Cabazon Outlets’ terrible parking policy.
- A local eatery was giving you the meat sweats without even eating meat.
- Way too many fires in California including that Cranston Fire in Idyllwild.
- Costco got rid of its best food court item.
- Palm Springs forked over a ton of cash to investigate Mayor Buzzkill’s dumb, secret camera.
- Palm Springs mailboxes were suddenly pink for no reason.
- We learned they are screwing up Indian Canyon Drive forever.
- The Kardashians.
Now sure, there was some good things that happened too. Luke Skywalker stood up for a local kid who was bullied, the community college started offering courses in weed, the Buzz trolley came back, we got the tram emoji out of the digital basement, and “DAMN, I LOVE MY CAR! WOOOOOO!” – and those were nice, but, yeah, I think we are all ready to cool down and see what the next season has in store for us.
So GTFO, Summer. Don’t let the scorching hot door hit you on the ass on the way out.