The 2019 Riverside County Fair & National Date Festival runs Friday, February 14 through Sunday, February 23 in Indio. If you are planning on headed out for the live entertainment, the rides, and deep fried everything, here are some ways to save money on tickets.
Tickets to the event normally run $11 for adults, $9 for those 55+, $8 for kids 6-12, and those under 5-years-old are free.
The live entertainment is included free with admission – as is other events like the demolition derby (get there super early), monster trucks, and bull riding. Rides and some attractions are not included with Date Festival admission.
Now onto the discounts and free passes for the Date Fest:
- Veterans are admitted to the festival, along with three guests, every day with proper identification.
- Opening Day, February 14th, the first five hours are free (10 am – 3 pm)
- Kids Days are Tuesday, February 18 through Thursday, February 20. These three days get you a free children’s ticket with the purchase of an adult ticket from 3 pm to close.
- Riverside County Department of Waste Resources Day is Wednesday, February 19. Bring a small used e-waste (electronic devices) for recycling and get into the Fair for free. Items you can bring include:
- DVD Players/recorders
- Computer peripherals
- Ink cartridges
- NBC Palm Springs Day is Thursday, February 20 – Say the “phrase that saves” for a discounted $6 admission. You have to watch NBC Palm Springs News for whatever the phrase is.
- Friday, February 21 is Fantasy $5 Friday with all fairgoers getting in for just five bucks.
There are also plenty of non-profits selling tickets which, while not at a discount, will help raise money for those organizations. A full list can be found here.
You can get more info on discounts for the event here.
The 2020 Date Festival includes entertainment from George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic, Banda Machos, I Love the 90’s (featuring Vanilla Ice, Coolio, Tone-Loc and Young MC), Chris Janson and Mariachi Sol de Mexico de Jose Hernandez. All headliner entertainment is included with the price of admission.
The Grandstand Arena features shows that are also part of your admission ticket. Humpz & Hornz Bull Riding, Monster Trucks with Metal Mulisha/Fitz Army Freestyle Motocross, Junior Outlaw Sprints, Mini-Dwarfs Racing, Lawn Mower Racing and Demolition Derby will thrill the crowds throughout the Fair run. Midweek entertainment, Tuesday through Thursday, in the arena will include BMX Pros Stunt Show.
Indulge in all your favorite Fair foods while you visit, from Cinnamon Rolls to Funnel Cakes and Deep-fried Twinkies. You can also take in The Arabian Nights Musical Pageant with a talented cast of singers and dancers in dazzling regalia.
Mid-week entertainment on the Pageant Stage will include Mana and Santana tribute bands, along with a local cover band. Two Carnivals will delight the entire family with extreme rides for thrill seekers, as well as rides for the young or young at heart.