The 2018 Riverside County Fair & National Date Festival runs Friday, February 16 through Sunday, February 25 in Indio. If you are planning on headed out for the live entertainment, the rides, and deep fried everything, here are some ways to save money on tickets.
Tickets to the event normally run $11 for adults, $9 for kids 6-12, and those under 5-years-old are free. Seniors tickets are $10 and there is also a $30 Season Pass available to attend as many days as you want. Now onto the discounts:
- Veterans are admitted to the festival, along with three guests, every day with proper identification.
- Opening Day, February 16th, is Fantasy $5 Friday with, you guessed it: five dollar tickets.
- KMIR Day is Tuesday, February 20th. The TV station will give out some sort of phrase on air and, if you repeat it back when you buy tickets, you will get in for just six bucks.
- Kids Days are Tuesday, February 20 through Thursday, February 22. These three days get you a free children’s ticket with the purchase of an adult ticket.
- Riverside County Department of Waste Resources Day is Wednesday, February 21st. Bring a small used e-waste (electronic devices) for recycling and get into the Fair for free. Items you can bring include:
- DVD Players/recorders
- Computer peripherals
- Ink cartridges
You can get more info on discounts for the event here.