Thursday, self proclaimed workplace expert Dan Schawbel gave a presentation on The Millennial Generation (18-33 year olds). He started by asking a question, according to The Desert Sun:
Schawbel started his presentation by asking summit attendees — the vast majority of whom were decidedly not millennials — a simple question: What words are most often used to describe Generation Y?
The word “entitled” rang out, among mostly negative perceptions.
- Will actually see Social Security benefits in their lifetimes
- Could go to college without taking out huge loans
- Were actually able to afford homes
- Could rely on numerous job offers after graduating college
- Once were able to board an airplane without taking off their damn shoes
- Had jobs with actual pensions
- Could get one high paying job right out of college and hold it for life
- Stole trillions of dollars from Millennials
- Can legally rent a vacation home in Rancho Mirage
But, yeah…you are right Boomers. Today’s young adults are so entitled.