Cactus Hugs has been tracking local stories about the coronavirus. Some links might be behind that website’s paywall…nothing we can do about that, sorry. For a rundown of all of our updates, click here.
- A patient from the Rancho Mirage Health and Rehabilitation Center nursing facility has tested positive for coronavirus. Riverside County health officials are preparing to test employees and other residents at the 99-bed facility.
- The New York Times has an interactive map where you can track every coronavirus case in the United States.
- The Washington Post is out with a guide to what you should know about the coronavirus.
- Local restaurants and stores are, understandably, concerned about the loss of revenue that normally comes in during Stagecoach and Coachella.
- Student free meals will be available while schools are closed.
- Many Houses of worship across Southern California are suspending services in response to coronavirus. Some are offering sermons in empty sanctuaries and broadcasting them online.
- California will allow elected officials to attend city council and municipal meetings remotely.
- Stagecoach has released an updated lineup for October. Notable additions to the lineup include Old Dominion, Ashley McBryde and Mitchell Tenpenny, while Brett Young, Morgan Wallen, Dan + Shay, Chris Lane and Riley Green have been removed. Thomas Rhett, Carrie Underwood and Eric Church will still be headlining.:
— Stagecoach Festival (@Stagecoach) March 13, 2020
- And, yes, the local Costcos in La Quinta and Palm Desert are still seeing massive crowds:
- Meanwhile, things aren’t much better at Sam’s Club in Palm Desert:
- The United Way of the Desert has assembled a nice list of information and resources available during the coronavirus here.
These are scary and anxious times. Be safe and kind to each other out there and, please, remember to wash your hands.
Anything we missed? Let us know about it.