Chipotle has released their “secret recipe” for their guacamole and (surprise!) it is pretty much the recipe for everyone’s guacamole.
Of course, the media freaked out over what really amounted to nothing:
Celebrate! Chipotle has released its secret guacamole recipe. How to make it at home: http://t.co/xcOv59adBq pic.twitter.com/l73bPSyFO6
— Good Morning America (@GMA) May 4, 2015
Chipotle just revealed how it makes its guacamole: http://t.co/Y0hPUurEGM pic.twitter.com/v21y4j2Zfv
— CNBC (@CNBC) May 4, 2015
Ever wondered what the recipe is for Chipotle's guacamole? http://t.co/6GyninOAT6 pic.twitter.com/9a4bFDupqe
— Fox News (@FoxNews) May 4, 2015
The pretty standard guac recipe goes like this:
-2 ripe Hass avocados
-2 tsp lime juice
-2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
-1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
-1/2 jalapeno, including seeds (finely chopped)
-1/4 tsp kosher salt
1. Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Yup, pretty standard recipe…though it is nice to see a fast food item that does not have ingredients that are also found in a yoga mat.
You must log in to post a comment.