The credit card companies in the U.S. have decided to catch up with the rest of the world and add a security chip to your card. This is a good thing. But, the added feature has a price: it takes what feels like an eternity to make a purchase now. Sure, it is actually just a few more seconds, but it feels like an eternity. So what should you do during this extra and awkward time?
- Drop down and try to do 10 pushups before the transaction is approved.
- Prove who DB Cooper really was.
- Say something nice to the cashier. They will probably really like that since everyone else has been complaining about the chip on the credit cards taking so long all day.
- Entertain those waiting behind you in line with a magic trick.
- Close out all those apps that are slowing down your phone.
- Text a nice message to a friend, loved one, or booty call.
- Take a deep breath and enjoy the one moment of your day without your boss, kids, or significant other yelling at you (unless they are yelling about how long this is taking).
- Give everyone around you a candy (note: you should especially do this if I am around you).
- Finally add that song you have been meaning to add to your Spotify playlist.
- Read, share, and tweet this post.
What suggestions do you have to fill these several seconds of agony? Add them on our Facebook page: