Tuesday saw the arrests of seven former Beaumont city officials – including the City Manager and Police Chief – on charges of embezzlement, misappropriation of funds, conspiracy and conflict of interest. According to the D.A., the seven misappropriated $43 million in public money over two decades. So where is the money?
Here are some guesses:
- The cash is buried somewhere (Pablo Escobar-style)
- 8.6 million orders of lavender cheesecake
- Used it all up to buy maybe 3 pans at the Le Creuset store at the Cabazon Outlets
- They spent it all at Banning’s all-you-can-eat KFC
- Bought every adult who attended the Cherry Festival 100 rounds of beer
- Lost it all on slots at the Morongo gas station…no, not in the casino…the super-fun slots inside the gas station
- Spent it all to bring Kenny Rogers to town
These are the only possible explanations – well, unless you have one. Go ahead and leave yours in the comments below.Thank you for your support of Cactus Hugs. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up-to-date.
You must log in to post a comment.