(Google Maps)
(Google Maps)
(Google Maps)

Two bear cubs are dead after they climbed a utility pole and were electrocuted by high voltage power lines in Banning.

A fire was reported near Bluff Street and Dunlap Road about 1:45 a.m., according to the Desert Sun. Fire crews were able to contain the blaze by 5 a.m. and determined it was started as a result of the two bears falling to the ground while on fire.

The blaze burned approximately 1.5 acres in the area known as the Banning Bench.

A mother bear and a third cub refused to leave the scene, reports the Press Enterprise. But they did not pose a threat to firefighters.


Leave a Reply