Hikers have a few more options today as seven hiking trails, which were closed due to concerns about the potential for hazardous fires breaking out, were reopened Tuesday morning.
CAL FIRE/Riverside County fire chief Shawn Newman announced the following trails are once again open:
- Avery Canyon (Gibbel Road east of State Street in Hemet)
- North Mountain and Indian Canyon (San Jacinto area)
- Whitewater Canyon (Cabazon, north of Palm Springs)
- Nuevo/Lakeview (east of Menifee Road and San Jacinto Avenue)
- Reinhardt Canyon (north of Highway 74 and California Avenue in Hemet)
- Ramona Bowl and Bautista Canyon (southeast Hemet)
And while the recent rains made for conditions that are “favorable to reopen these areas for residents and visitors to enjoy safely,” Newman cautions the public to “remain vigilant, use caution and make fire-safe choices while enjoying these beautiful areas of Riverside County.
— CAL FIRE Riverside (@CALFIRERRU) December 10, 2019
You can check out detailed maps about the reopened areas here.