Police arrested eleven people on Thursday as the Coachella Valley Violent Crime Gang Task Force (CVVCGTF) served search warrants at 16 addresses in four Coachella Valley cities (Cathedral City, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert and Desert Hot Springs) and the unincorporated areas of Thousand Palms and Whitewater.
The search warrants resulted in the confiscation of eight firearms, about a thousand rounds of ammunition, high capacity magazines, over 1,500 grams of suspected marijuana, about 10 grams of suspected hashish, a thousand bucks in cash, gang paraphernalia, and scales plus other items related to the sales of drugs, according to police.
Those arrested during the sweep were:
- Christopher Martinez, 22, of Cathedral City, on suspicion of violating parole.
- Jacob Winters, 21 of Cathedral City, on suspicion of possession of hashish for sales.
- Michael Tagle, 37 of Desert Hot Springs, on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia and probation violation.
- Rogelio Velasquez, 25 of Rancho Mirage, on two misdemeanor warrants.
- Monica Sanchez, 25 of Rancho Mirage, on a misdemeanor warrant.
- Samuel Reyes, 18 or Rancho Mirage, on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon.
- Louis Serrano, 24 of Cathedral City, on suspicion of possession of high capacity magazine.
- Daniel Torres, 21 of Cathedral City, on suspicion of possession of a high capacity magazine.
- Daniel Ayala, 19 of Cathedral City, on suspicion of alternating a serial number on a firearm.
- Trevor Garcia, 22 of Cathedral City, on suspicion of possession of marijuana for sales and possession of high capacity magazine.
Another man was cited and released and a 17-year-old was booked into Riverside County Juvenile Hall on suspicion of violation of a gang injunction, according to officials.
Anyone with information on potential gang activity is asked to call CVVCGTF Detective Luna at (760) 345-6268.